Move in and live for free in Ottawa ON. (Full time residence with part time hours) Destiny’s Way Support Services is an expanding developmental service provider seeking a candidate to live, onsite, as residential facilitator (mentor) for the Journey House residential program, to assist adults with intellectual challenges. The role of live-in facilitator provides free comfortable room & board, food, all utilities, Wi-Fi, cable, and landline. Offering a mandatory 7 hours per week, optional 15-30 hours per week,with flexible scheduling for those working or attending school. Experience as a DSW, SSW, or PSW an asset.
- Supports each individual in a non-judgmental and collaborative fashion to expand upon their own experience of life without judgment.
- Acts not as an expert or instructor of “life skills”, but to model activities of daily living and to share a lived experience.
- Supports menu planning and preparation and be available in home overnight
- Provides professional, appropriate and emphatic regard for individuals’ relational strengths, helping to move into connection with others.
- Maintains and supervises established routines and procedures.
- Assists residents to establish and achieve individualized goals
- Utilizes effective and respectful conflict resolution skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents.
- Participates in implementation of program activities.
- Fosters positive relationships and collaboration with residents, other staff, community programs and partners.
- Provides support to program activities as requested.
- Participates in all meetings as required, completes all written reporting as required and shares information in a respectful, non-judgmental manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
Apply to Become a Facilitator
A Facilitator is an individual that is kind, understanding, patient, supportive, and has a good awareness of their own challenges and strengths. If you think this is for you send your resume to: [email protected]